Monday, November 8, 2010

Week One- Daunting Class Ahead-Ready to Learn

 A slight sense of anticipated discomfort with the knowledge that I currently possess is what I feel. Yet along with that I feel a sense of real excitement at the prospect of knowing so much more than I do now in a few short weeks. It's very interesting to read the personal statements of the other individuals who are in this advanced Moodle course. I know that I will learn so much from the processes that we go through while we collaborate, and I don't just mean that in terms of the information that I will take in. It is applying the information in real- life situations where the learning takes place.

The idea of writing this blog is a good one. It gives me empathy for the learner, and provides me a trail so I can recall the process I went through (we went through) as we put together our knowledge. No tests! Real, practical activities show how much one learns.

4 comments:

  1. Good see your blog going. For me the blog is the critical element of a personal learning environment, the tool that you bring to a learning experience, add value while you are active and then take on to your next learning occasion. Unlike the content that you leave in a Moodle, the content you develop in your own blog is clearly your own.
    Looking forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is s a very good point, Glen. I would like to add that the process is more meaningful to me than the content. The blog provides me with the opportunity to report and share my learning experiences and get feedback from others around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit, I'm still not sold on this whole blogging thing. Too much public soul baring for my comfort. Still, in being forced to do it, as part of this Moodle course, I have to agree with all of you that it is an incredible vehicle for testing ideas and getting feedback during brainstorming. The process is proving to be extremely meaningful!

    Barbara, your candor is motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, you will get used to it- the candor. I allow myself the luxury of writing my feelings because I think to myself that no one outside of Moodlers will bother to read THESE thoughts, they're too related to learning. And it is to Moodlers and those of like thinking that you want to communicate with, anyhow.

    ReplyDelete