Monday, November 8, 2010

Engaged Learning is Powerful Learning

There are different ways to educate yourself, as I am finding out during my journey as a doctoral student. The most powerful way to be educated is to have the fortitude and the inner desire to investigate what it is possible to know. Why stop at "I have completed and submitted this assignment and I await my grade and feedback in order to continue following the syllabus"? It doesn't make sense to me anymore to limit my learning in this way.

As an adendum to this post, here is a link to an excellent video which tells you how to create a Blog on this site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnploFsS_tY

2 comments:

  1. Barbara,
    I love your library theme with all its potential for learning! You have taught me so much about the power of collaborative learning. I look forward to the continued journey.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice phrase, Barbara: "the fortitude and the inner desire to investigage what it is possible to know". There's never an end to knowing as long you maintain those attributes! A PhD is only one beginning... Here's to following curiosity in the M4T-A course!

    ReplyDelete